Last Updated: December 21, 2018
This Policy may change over time
This is the information we collect and how we collect it
As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that directly or indirectly identifies a particular natural person, such as name, e-mail address, online unique identifier, government or financial account unique identification number, or other unique characteristics which identify an individual.
- Automatically Collected Information. We and Our third-party service providers may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow Us to track the actions of users of Our Services automatically. For example, We may automatically collect information about your location, your internet connection, your browser, when you access the Services, the website address that linked you to Our Site, the website that you visit after using Our Services, and details of how you used our Services, such as how often you used Our Services and which features of the Services you used.
- Publicly Posted. If you post information on public areas of the Site (i.e. comments or blog), that information is visible to and may be collected, stored and used by anyone. By posting information, you agree that you have obtained all necessary consents to make such information public and that doing so will not violate any laws. If you remove information that you have made public through our Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Services or if other users have copied or saved that information. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share Personal Information.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. If you contact Us by phone, email, instant message, social media, or by some other means, We may keep a record of your contact information (including your name, company name, email, address and phone number) and the correspondence. When We send you emails, We may also track whether you open them to determine how to deliver more helpful emails and improve Our Services. Personal Information may be obtained from online transactions, transmitted as part of a form submission or in connection with other activities or services made available on the Site.
- User Accounts. We will collect and store the information you provide to Us if you create an account, such as your name, company name, company address, phone number and email address. You do not have to share this information with Us, but without it you may not be able to access certain features or participate in certain aspects of the Services. You can help Us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by updating your account. Please update your account when you change your email address, address, phone number, or payment information.
- Financial Information. If you purchase Our Services, We may request certain Personal Information to facilitate payment, such as your name, email, phone number, physical address, billing address and the last four digits of your credit card or bank account number. Our payment provider Square may store certain credit card information in a manner that is generally permitted by credit card issuer. We do not control the security measures of Square. You may find out more about Square’s security procedures here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3796-privacy-and-security.
- Information Collected Through Use of the Services. If you use our Services, We may collect information about how you use and interact with the Services and the data and information that is collected or provided by you through or in connection with your use of the Services.
We use reasonable measures to protect the security your information
We use reasonable, widely-used industry measures to protect the security and privacy of your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, and We obligate Our service providers and business partners by contract to use similar measures. However, no Internet-based service, including Our Site, is 100% secure, and We do not promise or guarantee perfect security for your data or our systems. In the event that Personal Information is compromised as a breach of security as defined under applicable law, We will promptly notify Our Members in compliance with such applicable law.
This is how we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including Personal Information, in a variety of ways to help Us operate the Site, provide the Services, and understand how to make the Site and our Services better, to respond to Member requests for information and assistance and provide related support, to personalize the Services, and to market the Site and the Services to Members, directly or in partnership with third parties, unless you have opted out of receiving such messages. We may also create aggregated or statistical data based on information you provide Us in connection with data analytics and trend analysis regarding the Services, and We may share such information (which will not include your Personal Information) with third parties.
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as it is reasonably necessary to provide Services to you or as reasonably needed in the operation of the Site or otherwise in compliance with applicable laws. When Personal Information is no longer needed, We will use reasonable means to destroy or de-identify Personal Information, although We may retain non-identifying information indefinitely.
This is how we share your information
We do not sell or pass on your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent.
We may disclose your Personal Information to Our service providers or other third parties, such as vendors, subcontractors and consultants, to perform services for Us related to the Site or the Services. These third party services may involve matters such as the hosting of Our Site, conducting e-mail communications, data analytics, customer support and marketing, including delivery of tailored advertisements.
The Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and We do not control their use of the shared data.
- Required Disclosures of Information. We will disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce Our Terms or to protect the security or integrity of Our Services and other Members; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MAISON, our Members, guests or others.
- Disclosures in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may buy or sell/divest/transfer MAISON, or any combination of Our shares, products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your Personal Information may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. Your information may also be disclosed or transferred in connection with securities offerings and investments, corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the Company.
Your Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
You have choices about the information We collect, use or disclosure about you. Please see the referenced methods below and links to additional relevant information. Please note, however, that the information fields in our Membership application form are mandatory as part of Our application process.
- Marketing Communications. You can opt-out of marketing or promotional communications We may send to you by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in such e-mails and by checking the relevant box located on forms on which We collect your data or emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies. You can accept or disable cookies at any time through your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited. More information on how to manage browser cookies is available here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Google Analytics. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by using Google’s Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may also opt out of Google marketing products, but please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads.
- Targeted Third-Party Advertising. More information about how you can limit receiving targeted third party ads is available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Please note that We do not control or operate such tools or related advice on how to use them.
- Do Not Track Signals. Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third party websites. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a “Do Not Track” signal but We do not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal or other similar mechanisms.
To request any other changes or information about Our collection, use or disclosure of your information, please email Us at email@example.com.
You may access and correct your information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any of your Personal Information in Our possession or control, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes that We do not offer in your account settings, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not guarantee that any Personal Information can be removed completely.
We are not responsible for third party sites
This Site is not intended for access or use by children under the age of 13
Our Services, including the Site, are intended only for users who are 18 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We store your data as long as reasonably required in our business
We will establish general policies and limits relating to the use of the Services, such as how long we retain content provided on the Site or data collected through the Site. We reserve the right to change these practices and limits at any time, in Our sole discretion. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such change.